1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

No smoking In Or Out

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tdgill, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. fushalilly

fushalilly Songster

Mar 9, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Good!
    Nonsmokers should not have to smoke seconhand. I hate walking outside in the fresh air and having to smell smoke from ignorant people smoking outside buildings. Im just anticipating the day it becomes illegal.

2. CTChick

CTChick Songster

Oct 5, 2009
    Shelton
    I took care of my grandparents, had hospice in my home, and my mother ... all died of lung cancer or COPD. Dad died of COPD too, a few years later. I am a lifelong non-smoker but always said "it's a choice". When my family got sick (I lost all three in a year and a half)I began reading about tobacco and cigarettes. The same government that makes us wear seatbelts and can have you in jail for not buckling your kid in properly allows cigarette manufacturers to put chemicals in the cigaretttes to make them even MORE addictive. Nictotine is already as addictive as heroin. So, really ... once you try them is it really a choice??? Plus we know the companies targetted kids and young adults, especially young females, as new smokers.

As far as I am concerned they are murderers and killed my family.

Laura

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    They may be murderers but who had the CHOICE in smoking? The smokers!

I have many relatives in my Mom's side of the family that smoked and most of them died of cancer or lung related issues. They thought it was COOL to smoke and "fit" in the with crowd was the thing to do, not realizing the "fix" that the tobacco had on them. So I dont think smoking cigerettes to get a "fix" was a thing when they started out.

I am glad my family and my own family do not smoke nor do we encourage it. Its nasty! Camels are the worst!

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:What really gets me is someone stepping out of a gas powered car and having the gall to give me the evil eye because I'm smoking in the parking lot.

Being on an elevator with someone wearing perfume or cologne makes my throat get tight, my eyes water and my nose run. Talk about ignorant people running around wearing chemicals through buildings. Sheesh.

5. skeeter03

skeeter03 Songster

Jun 23, 2009
    Vernon
    Figure if the government it going to ban smoking everywhere then they should help the smokers quit.
    there a free clinics for heroin addicts / needle exchanges and whatnots supported by the government - if nicotine is just as addictive then
    the government should help the smokers quit just like they help out other addicts. we are to take pity on the drug addict but give the smoker total disdain.
    Its not easy to quit at all
    being a ex-smoker myself I never did like smoking in front of a doorway to a public building
    i may enjoy my unhealthy habit but i know others dont and now yes it does tick me off when i have to walk with three youngsters in tow through a cloud of smoke to get into a store.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:What really gets me is someone stepping out of a gas powered car and having the gall to give me the evil eye because I'm smoking in the parking lot.

Being on an elevator with someone wearing perfume or cologne makes my throat get tight, my eyes water and my nose run. Talk about ignorant people running around wearing chemicals through buildings. Sheesh.

Lol I totally agree. I've actually asked somebody to get off the elevator before the door closed because they had on too much perfume. The look I got was priceless. When people have the gall to tell me what I can do in the open air, then I'll be telling them to kiss me where the sun don't shine.

Are folks here serious???? You want MORE laws on the books? MORE controls put in place? Don't think America Today is what our founding fathers envisioned. I'm thinking that their turning over and over in they're graves..... and the fact that peeps are smoking outside is now an issue? Holy cow, grow up folks.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Simply put, if you want to smoke, that is fine but please do it outside! And place yourselves away from the doors so people can pass and not smelling smoke. Same for heavy perfumed women and men with aftershave cologne! What might smell good to you and your SO but for some of us, its overpowering!

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I really don't care if someone smokes or not. That is a personal choice that they have made. However, I do care if those people who smoke are doing it outside my window of my college apartment, or in front of the door which I have to walk out of. I don't have a choice whether or not I should walk out that door, but they certainly have the choice to move away from the door or out from under my window. I think that sort of smoking is extremely, extremely rude. Those people have no consideration for others!

I was very glad when NJ banned smoking from public places. Yes, restuarants had smoking and non smoking sections, but that didn't stop the smoke from billowing over into the section where I sat. I choose not to smoke, and I don't appreciate going home and smelling like smoke, or trying to enjoy my food while having to smell cigarettes.

I really don't care if people smoke, as long as they do it considerately, just as I don't care if people hunt if they are responsible when they do so. I choose not to do either of those two activities myself, but I don't appreciate when those activities invade my personal space.

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Yep and get a bicycle as well cause we don't want to breath in the fumes from your car or truck! Lets just ban all gas powered vehicles from parking or driving within 50feet or so of any building. (gawd, you're gonna have to walk)

Just BAN aftershave and perfume, farting, picking noses as well and people with bad breath or BO, people with ill fitting clothing cause that annoys me too, and woman with high heels that click when they take a step - and folks that drag their darn feet. (dang, the shopping malls would be nice and clear for shopping!)

We can hire a whole new set of security guards with all these rules.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by