no spurs. I think I've got a hen...........IMPORTANT ???? TOO!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by QuinnP, Jul 14, 2010.

1. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    I got to bunny sit for my friend on Sunday, & therefore held Arlo the whole time. He has no spurs on his legggies, no wattles & so I believe he is actusally a she. He or she sat in my arms for 5 hours & happily peeped, ate a bug off my arm, had a nap in the grass with me & 'helped' spray the bunnies with cold water when it got too hot for them. Arlo's feathers on his head are pointy & he has big tail feathers. Arlo getsa round using the wings instead of the feeties which are useless to him or her. I'm so proud of Arlo. I suppose Arlo is not a bad name for a girlie anyway. Still he or she doesn't crow. He's about 3 months old now & would rather sit on a pillow than on hard rocks onn the ground, the spoiled kid! He enjoyed a radish & part of an apple with his or her chicken food. I nibbled on his leg & told him what a nice drumstick it was, & he chirped, obviously enjoyed my silliness! I bought a purple brush & he (or she!) actually likes being brushed!! Arlo enjoys all the cats on Dede's property even tho they make me get hives.,

Is there anyone near me who has a scanner? I've got adorable pictures of my babe enjoying life but need a buddy to send them too in the mail. please PM me\\

Arlo is a Millie Fleur, Belgium/ or just "Mommy's Widdle Wuvie"

I got depressed last night & gobbled up half a pin t of chocolate ice cream! MMMMMMMMMMM!!!

2. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    We Have 6 roos and there is no question. They are all deveoping dfferently. One has just started pushing spurs. Ours are 16 wks Friday. Barred and Buff Rocks.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Please translate. Post is a bit garbled?

4. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    my chicken has no spurs on his legs. The lady I got him from says he is a cockeral. I thought cockerels have leg spurs. Arlo does not, so is he a she?

I got to bunny-sit on a hot day--I held Arlo the whole time since he lives at Dede's house. Since bunnies have fur, they need to be hosed down with cold water or else they get heatstroke. I held the hose with one hand & Arlo in the other. He sat on my lap for a long time.

I'm depressed, so I'm eating ice cream which is tasty.

I am incorrigible when it comes to smoochy baby talk & giggling over cute furry animals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by