1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No swap for me?!?!????

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daycare Mom, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I was all excited to go to the swap tomorrow(in Hudsonville). Just to look. [​IMG] Then DH saw me putting carriers in the mini-van...just in case. He told me he doesn't think we should go! I could alway take my FIL he loves chickens as much as me. Besides I am just going to look.......I am sure I won't get any new ones....maybe....[​IMG] What is a girl to do?

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Keep those carriers in the van, they are for emergency pick ups tell him [​IMG] and go have fun, if you see something you want you have my permission for an emergency pick up!! [​IMG]

3. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Go to the swap. Can't hurt anything and being prepared for any emergancy (chicken playing in highway, it could happen) is just common sense. And remember in any divorce the judge is sure to give you the chickens. Oh take the FIL he will back ya on any story and the hubby will have to believe him. LOL. If ya go have fun.

4. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Quote:Great minds type at the same time.

5. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG] We are always willing to help feed the addiction!! [​IMG]

6. Daycare Mom

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Thanks, I think I will go, as for the FIL he is great, he could make up a story great enough to bring home 50 chickens!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I always loved my FIL he would take me in before his own son if there had been a divorce settlement!! ...LOL

8. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I also loved my FIL! He would back me on any of my ventures--he would tell dh it was 'his' idea...Sure do miss him...Dixie

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Put a really BIG carrier in too and when he asks why tell him you're swapping him if someone asks heheeeeehhehe.. Go have fun!

10. Daycare Mom

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Update!!! I went to the swap and it was very fun! My first chicken type swap ever! The DH and all the kids went. We didn't get anything new, but it was awesome!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by