No Tail Chicken

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sylverfly, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    I have no idea what this little gal? guy? Is it has no tail, just some soft wispy feathers almost like a silkie but not quite. It’s black with a green and purple sheen and some copper colored feathers on its neck. It has what appears to be white earlobes, and has all black toenails except the middle toenail is white. It came in an assortment of other chicks from a hatchery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    That chick does have a tail, but not very much of a tail right now. It looks like a Black Sex-link pullet.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Araucana. They have no tail.

I have an EE hen & roo that look like that, but they're not pure Araucana.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
  4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:True, Araucanas have that no-tail gene, but some can have a tail. However, hatcheries do not sell Araucanas.

5. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:She has a tail. The rumpless look like they don't have a back end and the feathers look like they curl down around their fanny. I had one last year. The one you have just hasn't finished growing it's feathers.

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Quote:True, Araucanas have that no-tail gene, but some can have a tail. However, hatcheries do not sell Araucanas.

Then...... nevermind [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by