No Thor! It won't work like that!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Jan 16, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    So......Thor is now the alpha (and only) rooster, since Zeus went to his new home this morning. Thor is in his glory and has been trying to mate the hens all day. There's just one problem. He keeps trying to mate the hens from the side! [​IMG]
    Oh goodness I hope he figures this out! Am I gonna have to draw him a diagram????
    The hens, who all are used to being mated at this point, are already digusted with him. [​IMG] When he dismounts - from their wing - they give him the strangest looks.

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

HAHAHAHA that is hilarious! [​IMG]

3. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    LOL

4. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    [​IMG]

5. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    [​IMG]

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I just got a new roo... most of the hens don't ever remember being mounted by the juvenille roo we used to have. The new roo comes from a wild flock where he was low on the pecking order and if he was in site of the alpha roo was never allowed to mate. I watched for hours this evening and he was never able to successfully mount any of the 20+ hens. Poor fella.

I can imagine it would be like Achmed the Terrorist getting to the other size with his 70 virgins and he only has a skeleton.

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It was pretty funny to watch today.
    It's not going to be so funny tomorrow when I go out there to find all my hens walking a picket line with signs that say things like "Cook Thor!" and "We want Zeus!"

8. addiedunn

addiedunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I knew a guy like that once....

9. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ok. Thor and I have to have a discussion.

[​IMG]

I do believe it is time for an instructional video....LOL!

10. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Mahonri likes Jeff too!!!I couldn't get enough of his Christmas special. That and I kept singing Jingle Bombs! Anywho, my araucana cockerel likes to go at my pullet from the front. He grabs her feathers, and she backs up screaming. I hope he figures it out soon!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by