CourtneyBrooke*

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
London, KY
My chicks really aren't really eating their treats? I wonder why
idunno.gif
D.gif

Most of the time, with anything new I try to give them, one brave chick/chicken will have to try it out and let everyone else know its good to eat...then they will go nuts.

Yes, my chickens usually are all over something new as soon as one of them tries it. I usually throw some down for them instead of putting it in a bowl, that way they'll think it's regular feed coming down and take it
tongue.png

Mine were always afraid at first of a new food. These girls, just the other day, were scared of their regular greens because it was chopped into a different size, lol.

Quote:
barnie.gif
..the girl at the iga store always saves me some romaine and boston lettuce trimmings ---last week she was out and i had to settle for some of the outside leafs of cabbage---i threw some cut up into the run and all hell broke loose--
lau.gif
...- i had to take it out----hehehe---
lau.gif
----it was kinda funny though....
D.gif
love.gif

Quote:
barnie.gif
..the girl at the iga store always saves me some romaine and boston lettuce trimmings ---last week she was out and i had to settle for some of the outside leafs of cabbage---i threw some cut up into the run and all hell broke loose--
lau.gif
...- i had to take it out----hehehe---
lau.gif
----it was kinda funny though....
D.gif
love.gif

lau.gif
That's hilarious! Poor sweeties. I've had to snatch a few things back out, too. Heaven forbid there's an odd size piece of chopped celery. Oh, and these girls prefer their treats delivered to them on anything but paper plates...used one the other day to carry their treats in and you'd have thought a fox broke in, lol.
D.gif
D.gif

I kid you not, the other day I was having my 2x yearly hotdog, the pen was open as someone was talking to them, I tripped and in flew my hotdog...were they afraid of that? Nope! It was gobbled up before I could even whimper.
lau.gif
Silly girls.

Back
Top Bottom