"No, we aren't buying any chicks, we're just going in to look."

Hahah! Story of my life!
"No, were not getting them here, I have specific breeds I want and I am getting them to incubate. Not buying them here. Just going in to get feed, coming out"
You end up with an assortment of bantams, and you don't even know what breeds you have! 😂
Have fun with your new babies! Can't wait to see pics!

Please ignore our temporary set up.
My children have named them as follows: yellow is Bunny,
Darkest stripe is Tiger Lily,
Lightest is Easter,
Last is Sherbert

Attachments

• PXL_20210228_014527380.jpg
    PXL_20210228_014527380.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 16
Yeah, we are at our limit per city regs...but I still want more chicks. Tried to float the idea of raising chicks until they're old enough for outdoors, then selling them...spouse was not enthusiastic. I think he knows I'd want to keep them.

Did anyone play or have kids/siblings who played Pokémon? I think chickens are a bit like that...gotta hatch em all! :lau

This happened to us yesterday. Went to Atwoods to pick up a couple of cattle panels for my tomatoes. I also needed to pick up some chick grit for biddies I was planning on getting in a few weeks. Took a peak at what they had and couldn't believe they had Blue Australorps!! So, I had to buy all 12!! LOL Then had to get home and set up a temp pen to house them for a few days. First time ever buying on impulse, but just couldn't pass them up. Favorite chicken in my favorite color. Win Win!

My brooder box (a 120 gallon rubber stock tank) is buried under two feet of snow and probably frozen to the ground, and then hubby has plowed a huge bank in front of it. Its easy to pass then up when you have nowhere to put them.

Yeah, we are at our limit per city regs...but I still want more chicks. Tried to float the idea of raising chicks until they're old enough for outdoors, then selling them...spouse was not enthusiastic. I think he knows I'd want to keep them.

Did anyone play or have kids/siblings who played Pokémon? I think chickens are a bit like that...gotta hatch em all! :lau
We are only allowed to have 4 within city limits. I'm at 14 right now. I mean, it has a 4 in there so it's fine.

Back
Top Bottom