1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

no words

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Godsgrl, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Kids and I were eating lunch today at a buffet restaurant. Nothing fancy, just sitting at the table minding our own business, chatting away like anyone else would do. This lady comes up, and puts her hand on the back of dd's chair, and leans in towards us. Her face lights up, and says she has something to tell us.

Then....ummmm.....she starts singing. [​IMG] Yeah, singing. Some little ditty about happiness and good food, I don't remember it exactly. I was completely floored. She ended with something like wishing us a good day, to you and you and you, gesturing to the table next to us. The lady finally walked away, and my kids all stared at me. I said, hey, don't look at me, I have no idea.

Later we were talking about different things we could have said/done. But at the time, we were just stunned. What a day!

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Sounds like something I would do.............. [​IMG]

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    WOW [​IMG]

this is why they make the funny jackets with the really long arms and the wonderful padded rooms....lol

I am a very protective person.... i would have lost it..... I am very much into personal space

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Too funny. I guess better singing than hitting or something.

A few years ago I had burned most of my left hand at work. It was really well wrapped up, lots of gauze. Later that day I was at the grocery store when out of the blue a woman grabs my arm, pulls my hand up as high as she could reach, and starts praying for my hand. Like you I was so stunned I just stood there. Went on for about a minute or so until I regained my wits and pulled away.

Imp

5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Last year I went to a department store near Christmas time. There was a Salvation Army kettle in front. I nodded at the lady ringing the bell and went on into the store. Pretty soon felt a tap on my shoulder and heard a woman's voice asking if she could pray for me. I turned to see who it was. It was he Savation Army lady. She had left her kettle and tracked me down in the store so she could pray for me. At the time my mother was ill and there were some other things going on in my life that were wearing on me, so I guess I looked a little dejected. I didn't realize I looked THAT dejected. I am always happy to have people pray for me. I need all the prayers I can get, but I was a little taken aback. Thankful too.

6. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Imp and Cassie- we have been in a similar situation with my ds. He had an injured arm a couple of years ago, and was wearing a splint. We were in a restaurant when someone came up and offered to pray for ds' healing. We figured no harm done. I'd rather someone offer to pray than sing! LOL

7. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:I totally understand. If I wasn't so completely taken aback, I might have gone off on her as well.

8. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:Well your title does say CRAZY duck lady. [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Apparently she escaped from the home and forgot to take her meds with her.

10. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:yeah I guess so. Why us though, the restaurant was full, she could have taken her song and dance to anyone. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by