1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    I built the first of my mobile coops. I realized today I am no carpenter. If drug well on the road for its journey to my house from the shop i built it in. 90% is all reclaimed wood. Still need the doors. For some reason it reminds me of noahs ark. I dunno if its the size or the bulkieness. Ive still got to add the doors and paint it but im fairly happy with how it turned out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the helpers

[​IMG]

The final resting spot, well, until i move it in a few days

[​IMG]

2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Nice!

Makes me almost want to go out and work on one of my incomplete projects. LOL

Your helper looks like a hard worker! I love when the kids get envolved.

3. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Well it looks sturdy. Bet your chickens will like it too.

4. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Its 60 yo bead board and the roof is cream. Whats color do you think would look good? The roof grey looks decent. Maybe a barn red? I dunno. Sturdy it is. Heavy little sucker. My helpers? yeap love having them. they usually only make to job 30% longer than it should have been [​IMG]

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I have grandkids that want to help. Twenty minutes to feed and water usually but with help? Maybe 2 hours. LOL

6. del gallinero

del gallinero Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2011
    Nice looking coop on a sleigh! Post pics when finished![​IMG]

7. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    If it's mobile where are the wheels? That one I guess could be called movable but mobile?[​IMG]

8. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    No wheels. Its on sleds. I pulled it a 1/4 mile down the road therefor i call it mobile [​IMG] You can safely tow it to 7mph. after that it wants to wonder and not follow the truck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by