Nobody knows what this is!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Beaky Buzzard, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Beaky Buzzard

Beaky Buzzard Chillin' With My Peeps

I asked this once before but noone had any answers. What are these yellow spots on my roo's lobes. I really would like to know because he would make a nice show bird if he didnt have them. Thanks for any advice. [​IMG] ]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    No clue..Sorry..Bumping!! lol :)

3. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    BTW LOVE the tie!! lol [​IMG]

4. foxypoproxy

foxypoproxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    LOL! i was going to say"....a tie...?"

But then i read your post.
    I'm sorry, i have no idea either so this is a bump reply!

5. Chicken_Pauper

Chicken_Pauper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
    Questions and suggestions.....

Does he have two matching ones? Are they exactly the same on both sides? What breed is he? (Have you asked a breed expert, someone who shows the same breed, or a breeder, etc.?) How old is he? Does he have any offspring and are they or have they devloped the same trait?

Seek out, ask Illia. (user list)

I am sorry, I don't know... but, if they are the same on both sides, if they match, don't hurt, are not growing after he is full grown, etc.? Maybe they are normal for him, a genetic anomaly or even breed trait, even if rare??

I agree, the tie is great. He's beautiful with or without those "growths". Good luck.

6. TinyBirds

TinyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Texas
    Maybe it's just a little off-coloring of the lobe or something. I have some chickens that have lobes that are half-white, half-red. I don't know about the other color though. Is it on both lobes, or just that one side?

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I have never seen earlobes like that!

8. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. Pickaduck

Pickaduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    I have no idea what the yellow spots are. I think people are thinking the lobes are the abnormality but it's the yellow spots, not the lobes themselves.

Any chance they could be stains of some sort? Have they gotten bigger? How long has he had them? Does he have them on both lobes?

I have to add - I absolutely love him with that tie! He's a gorgeous boy!

Edited to add - you might have more luck posting this question in the thread for his breed (in the breeds section) because you'll get people who are more experienced than we are with his breed.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  10. Momhen

Momhen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2011
    If they are on both sides, could they be earrings as he looks like he's going out somewhere! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by