Nobody understands

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Happy Chooks, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    My first broody hatched the first eggs from my own flock today. (well, half of the eggs so far) I'm so excited, and I tell my family the news and I hear crickets chirping. They just don't get it, look at me like I'm crazy, even make fun of me for being "the chicken lady".

While my husband is excited that they are hatching under a broody (and therefore do not need a heat lamp) he still doesn't get the excitement.

I'm so glad I have all of you that understand. [​IMG]

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Awww, it's sad to be so excited about something chicken-related only to have people not understand or even pretend to be excited back! At least we have BYC, where chances are someone has had the same crazy poultry-related thought or gets excited over the same chicken-y things. [​IMG]

And congratulations on your new babies! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  3. sekinkead

sekinkead Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I understand, my family is the same way. Now my kids on the other hand are so excited when we hatch babies.

Congratulations on the ones, I wish one of mine would go broody. [​IMG]

4. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Ah, you see, that's why you have US!! [​IMG]

That is such awesomely COOL news!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    I know, lots of people don't get it. It's a good thing to be excited about it! Find some kids to share the news with, they are always amazed by the power of life.

6. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Yep, I feel the same way. Thats why I like forums such as his one, there arent many people that are chicken obsessed [​IMG]

7. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I feel the same way sometimes. My mom gives the eye to her BF everytime I start talking about my chickens. Oh well. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I know that feeling Kelly! It's such a rush! We all get it here.

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

i know how you feel. Most of my family is the same way. [​IMG] I still get excited getting the eggs every day! [​IMG]

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:It really is a rush. Even more so this time though since this is the first time I've hatched my own stock. And I've been amazed by the broody experience. It makes it so much sweeter.

ETA: Now I'm off to go check on babies! The last one was hatching this morning, so my broody had a 100% hatch rate. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by