1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nobody wants the babies. PIC added

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jdywntr, Jul 26, 2011.

1. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Well, about two weeks ago my runner duck started hatching what ended up being 11 ducklings. [​IMG] Unfortunately, I have been unable to find anyone that is interested in ducklings. I am in central Florida on the gulf coast. I have had a few inquiries, even someone who was "on their way" but never arrived [​IMG] Now I don't know what to do. I don't have room for 16 ducks. I am asking $5 each or $25 for the 6 that I am selling. Any suggestions?
    I have listed them on every site I have found. I am looking into swap meets but have not found any in the near future.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I tryied texting you when i saw them in the buy/sell section. I also called and never recevied a reply.

3. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    I haven't had any ducklings yet, and this is excatly why I get worried doing it! Lol luckly mine will not brood on there own! to bad wisconsin isn't closer [​IMG] I would love a runner!

Good luck! I am sure you will find some duck lovers out there! Keep trying! [​IMG]

4. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    featherfinder, I am so sorry. I never received anything. I PM'd you. If interested, call me at 278-1564.
    Judy

5. Kschwartz

Kschwartz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Where are you advertising? I;f you haven't already, put up a local craigslist ad.

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Thats why I haven't let my ducks[Muscovy] hatch ducklings in about 4 years, I had a very hard time finding homes for them. I hope things change and you start getting calls. [​IMG]

7. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    I have even posted on craigslist and a few local sites. I've had a few calls today. I think I'll sell my adult females and keep my males since I love their personalities.
    But really, who wouldn't want these:
    [​IMG]

This is a few days ago. My little late hatchling is slowly catching up. He's still so little. [​IMG]

I'm keeping 5 and hoping they are boys. [​IMG]

8. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Here's my marketing list:

Craigslist
    BYC
    Feedstores
    4-H
    Grange

Between those five, I do pretty well selling ducklings. You have lovely ducklings, I'm sure you'll get offers soon - its a rough year for poultry sales around here.

9. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Can you post pics of the female adults we were talking about in PM please [​IMG]

10. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Get that itty bitty one near the panhandle and I'll make sure I am able to smuggle it home and DH will just have to deal lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by