noise made by Hen!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by amirfarmer, Dec 25, 2013.

1. amirfarmer

amirfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2013
    one of my hen always make noise like puckaaa puckaaaaaaaa puckaaaaa!!!!! ALWAYS she makes this noise....every thing is fine there....From the begining i buyed her she makes that noise ONLY A FEW TIMES i have seen her quite....CAN any one tell me what is the issue with her???

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Some hens are just big talkers. Since all else is fine, I don't think there is anything to worry about.

1 person likes this.
  3. Cooper Farms

Cooper Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    new sharon ia
    Mine seen to make alot of noise when laying. I think it tells the others not to bother her

4. king4

king4 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2013
    New Lebanon,Ohio
    All of mine make the same noise but just when they're laying. They're kinda letting the world know what they did.

5. saellis

saellis Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2012
    FEMA Region VIII
    My Coop
    Sounds like my girls after they lay an egg. They will go on like this for a long time if I let them but I've found that if I go out to the coop and say a few words to them, then they quiet down and go on with their day. It may sound stupid but it's like they're looking for some affirmation that they did a great job with the egg. [​IMG]

6. krbowman56

krbowman56 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2013
    My hens are making a lot of noise too especially when I walk out the door. I talk to them and they just talk back. Then they quiet down and move on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by