noise

peacockfarmer1

Songster
12 Years
Dec 11, 2010
north MS
for those of u that only have 1 or two peacocks are they still really loud during the mating season how often do they display during the mating season

I have only had my adult male for one matting season, (they get their voice at three), and he wasn't that bad. Most of the time his calls were because I started it by calling to get him started for visitors to listen. Mainly strange noises made him call like an airplane flying over but he wasn't that noisy. The loudest to me is when you just happen to be standing right infront of a peacock and he is facing you and starts calling, that is pretty loud if you are close, but otherwise it isn't that bad. I can't wait for my two year old to get his voice, he made a little noise a few days ago when chasing a peahen and it sounded pretty good, so he is getting a nice voice! I like the noise they make, and it is really fun to get them started calling. They will display a lot too. When you walk in the pen to feed them you will probably see them display at least once. They might be so caught up in displaying that they don't even stop to eat the food you are throwing out, that is what my two year old has started to do. He is really serious about impressing his favorite little peahen, especially with his first eye feather growing in!
wink.png

thats good for me that they get their voices at three because i have a two year old peacock also and it would be better if everyone got to know him before he started screaming
thank you

Back
Top Bottom