NOISE

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by poipollo, Mar 23, 2012.

1. poipollo

poipollo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    My Polish has recently started screaming for hours on end. She starts around 8 am and doesn't stop until noon. It's nonstop, no joke. She also usually starts up again around 3 for an hour or so. She has food, water, shade, she's laying regularly, looks healthy. Nothing has changed in her environment. She never used to make noise (aside from the egg song and the occasional loud clucking). This is becoming VERY irritating and I'm going to have to get rid of her if she doesn't stop because I have neighbors who don't appreciate her death screaming. I really don't want to, because I love her, but even I am sick of the noise. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? It's awful.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    If there is a dog,cat, or other critter staring at her, that could be scaring her. Is she alone? Chickens tend to not be alone animals, they're flock animals. When my chickens start screaming off the hook (happening more lately) I go outside and talk to them, or hold them.

3. poipollo

poipollo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    just our cat, but she and the chickens are very friendly with each other. i have 2 hens together, the polish and a barred rock, and we're getting three more at the end of may. i just don't know. she does seem to stop when i go out and talk to her, the problem is she starts up again as soon as i leave. i can't sit outside all day with her (i work from home and have to be at my computer). i just don't know. i'm hoping it passes soon. thanks for the comment!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by