noisey chick or sick?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LilQtBear, Oct 25, 2011.

1. LilQtBear

LilQtBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2011
    Oregon
    Recently purchased a couple orpington chicks and one of them is constantly, all day "beep beep beep beep" "beep beep beep beep"
    From what I have seen it eats and drinks fine, poo's fine. Both of them seem a little more "chill" than the silkie chick in same box just kind of hanging out, seems kind of puffed up trying to crawl under other chicks but has most feathers, not exploring or scratching like the silkie chick...but this one (lav or splash orp) just seems to complain all day and night...I can get it to stop at night by eperating it by itself (they currently in tote in my room)
    Is it maybe sick? Or just an extra noisey chick

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Usually when I have new chicks that are noisy, it's because they're cold. How is the temperature in their brooder and what age are they?

3. LilQtBear

LilQtBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2011
    Oregon
    Well that's what I was thinking because that's the same noise but I have the heat lamp in there, in my room...its in low 90's and I feel is warmer than it should be for them. I'm not sure of there age.....there wings are feathered out and they almost have all of head and neck feathers....still down under wings and back

Thank you for the reply, figured it was a silly question but I really am baffled.... I had remembered this one had clear vomit and clear stool at least once the first night I got it so i just wanted to make sure the noisey is not some sign for an illness too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by