Noisy Baby--Not Even Out of the Egg Yet!

EquestrianGal

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 9, 2011
This is my first time incubating, so maybe it is completely normal. Still, I was surprised. There is barely the tiniest hole and I can hear that chick peeping from two rooms away!
One of the other eggs is peeping but I can only hear that chick if I am in the room.

Wow that's funny! Good set of lungs! I hope for your sake it's not roo, because it'll shake the house when it crows!
gig.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

well, he or she just hatched and holy cow it is even noisier!! another chick who hatched a good 2 hours before her I can barely hear, but this one is crazy loud. (I have never incubated and hatched before, but I have had 3 day old chicks in the house and I really don't remember them being this loud. Boy I hope it isn't a rooster)

Quote:
lau.gif

well, he or she just hatched and holy cow it is even noisier!! another chick who hatched a good 2 hours before her I can barely hear, but this one is crazy loud. (I have never incubated and hatched before, but I have had 3 day old chicks in the house and I really don't remember them being this loud. Boy I hope it isn't a rooster)

yuckyuck.gif
What breed?

most of the eggs are Ameraucana but the two that hatched first are barnyard crosses (ameraucana-RIR) that I put in there just for fun.

We now have 3 hatched, one more egg that is pipped and another that is rocking. Today is day 21, so I should see more activity in the next few hours.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom