Noisy Polish Chicks....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Thomas423, May 26, 2010.

1. Thomas423

Thomas423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    I recently bought 2 polish chicks and it seems that they peep very loudly and alot. Is this a noisy breed or should I be concerned that something is not right?

2. whytedragon

whytedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Floresville, Texas
    Well mine are a little noisier than my other chicks, however, I notice when they're louder than usual, their food is gone, water, or they're cold.

3. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    One of my polish chicks was certainly louder than the other one of the same age. Usually he just needed a little attention and direction. I probably held him the most to make him feel more secure. Too, keeping him warm helped out. Make sure he doesn't have a pasty butt and that he is getting plenty to eat and drink. It seems it was just a phase with him, he is almost 3 months old now and barely makes a sound.

4. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    I have 6 polish chicks. My Blue Polish peeps a lot but my silver laced and gold laced are really quiet. I think a lot of it depends on the bird. My EE cockerel peeps a lot too.

5. Thomas423

Thomas423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    Thanks for the responses. They have plenty of food and water. The coop is warm so they don't have a light on, but I even tried turning the light on this morning (before it got too hot) to see if that would quiet them down. Still loud peeps. They seem healthy, so I guess I just have noisy ones. I'll try giving them more attention tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by