Noisy Polish Chicks....

Thomas423

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Port Deposit, MD
I recently bought 2 polish chicks and it seems that they peep very loudly and alot. Is this a noisy breed or should I be concerned that something is not right?

One of my polish chicks was certainly louder than the other one of the same age. Usually he just needed a little attention and direction. I probably held him the most to make him feel more secure. Too, keeping him warm helped out. Make sure he doesn't have a pasty butt and that he is getting plenty to eat and drink. It seems it was just a phase with him, he is almost 3 months old now and barely makes a sound.

I have 6 polish chicks. My Blue Polish peeps a lot but my silver laced and gold laced are really quiet. I think a lot of it depends on the bird. My EE cockerel peeps a lot too.

Thanks for the responses. They have plenty of food and water. The coop is warm so they don't have a light on, but I even tried turning the light on this morning (before it got too hot) to see if that would quiet them down. Still loud peeps. They seem healthy, so I guess I just have noisy ones. I'll try giving them more attention tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom