Noisy Roo!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Amarin_Astarte, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Amarin_Astarte

Amarin_Astarte New Egg

Jul 9, 2010
    Hi! New here! [​IMG]

I have a little.. well, not so little... rooster who as of yesterday went from crowing once in a while in the morning and evening.... to all day! He's one of three roos, one of who is a very sporadic crower, and the other.... sleeps on top of a terrarium in the livingroom and only crows if his food dish is empty and I don't fill it fast enough.

I even brought him (and the other roo) inside in case something was bothering them outside (and yet not setting the peacock off), but he just kept crowing, although his friend is being his usual quiet self. My regular house rooster isn't even acknowledging them.

Anyway, I adore my little roo, but I may have to rehome him because I'm not sure my neighbors will love him so much anymore if he keeps this up. Has anybody had a sudden change like that? It just seems odd to me that it's only *ONE* roo and so suddenly. he almost sounds like he's trying to be as loud as he can.

Thanks for any help y'all can offer! [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    He is most likely the dominant rooster, and it is part of him asserting his dominance. Since it's a natural behavior, it will be very difficult if not impossible to change.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by