noisy roosters

johnmcclay

Hatching
Mar 6, 2016
Hello good people:
This is probably a stupid question but is there a rooster that does not make
noise.What roosters are relatively noise free. I love the colors ,just not the sound.
tennessee john

Hello good people:
This is probably a stupid question but is there a rooster that does not make
noise.What roosters are relatively noise free. I love the colors ,just not the sound.
tennessee john

This is a serama rooster. He has a half crow which is considerably quieter (wouldn't be heard 20 feet away); sounds a bit like a young rooster just starting to crow.

From what I understand there are some serama that do not crow at all. However I have/had other serama roosters that were/are loud just like other breeds.

Possibly you can find a noncrowing rooster. Good luck.

This is a serama rooster. He has a half crow which is considerably quieter (wouldn't be heard 20 feet away); sounds a bit like a young rooster just starting to crow.

From what I understand there are some serama that do not crow at all. However I have/had other serama roosters that were/are loud just like other breeds.

Possibly you can find a noncrowing rooster. Good luck.
He's a beauty! I also heard that there is some kind of "collar" that supposed to keep them "quiet" too.
idunno.gif

I personally love to hear the roosters crow! I don't have one but people around us do and it's fun to hear them going back & forth.

There are no-crow collars you can get to quiet yours down. MyPetChicken sells them (and probably other places too). You might want to do a search on BYC to read other member's experiences with them.

Different breeds of roosters have different pitches.
A heavy breed (like a Brahma for instance) has a much deeper crow than a bantam breed, who are much more high pitched.

I have a sebright, he is four years old and he doesn't crow as much as he once did. I've become immune to it over the years, but it seems like he isn't as rowdy as he once was. I like to think he is maturing, but he is still a jerk. :rolleyes:

Many say that the higher pitch the roosters crow, the less it carries. So bantams are in a sense "quieter".
Personally I find some truth behind that.

My best to you.

I live in a hollow, and people that live way up from me hear my roosters crowing at 2am. I love the noise! It also makes me know their ok. My brother hates it. But other people are alright with their loudness.

Back
Top Bottom