Nolls Poultry

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Bucky182, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Bucky182

Bucky182 Songster

Dec 1, 2009
    Have any of you ordered meat birds from Noll's Poultry in PA? They have three types a Red broiler, a slower white and a Kosher King. If you have ordered from them or raised any of these please let me know. They also have a good price on their R.R. laying hens.

2. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Songster

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    I have tried all three. They did great for me, not as fast as the white cornish strain but they finished better than dual purpose breed.

3. Bucky182

Bucky182 Songster

Dec 1, 2009
    How long did it take them to finish out? Did they have nice breast? What did they dress out at? I am looking for a good bird other than the cornish cross.

4. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Songster

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    12-14 weeks, they were about 4-7 lbs dressed weight.

The kosher kings were the biggest.

5. Bucky182

Bucky182 Songster

Dec 1, 2009
    Ok not too bad then, I see you are from Ohio, I grew up in PA right on the Ohio PA line, went to college joined the military and never went back but to visit. I also saw you got a deer congradulations! I killed one with a bow this year out here in KS. Last year killed a buck that had 14 scorable points and scores 168 B&C but he was busted up on one side. Would have scored about 180 if not. I love to deer hunt.

6. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Songster

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    It's a lot of fun, there are some big deer here in Ohio. I'm lucky where I'm at as there isn't a lot of pressure. I can take my 6 bag limit if I wanted too but I only shoot what I can eat. I try to get three every year but for this year I only got two. Plenty of season left to hunt. I'm usually a late season bow hunter when it gets really cold. I have good luck later in the season when the food is starting to run out.

I'm too busy with turkeys and such during the rut so I kind of miss out on that.

I want a big buck... 14 points!? Thats' great.... This is the second year in a row that I shot a 10 point buck and havn't been able to find it. I'm getting real discouraged at this point! I shot the 10 point sunday and I'm still looking for it. I spent three hours today looking through the woods... I was so excited as I seen antlers sticking out of the grass ahead of me so when I got up to it... it was just a shed from a big buck. I ended up finding two sheds today... both ate up pretty bad by the rodents.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by