Non-Crowing Black Silkie Roo ~FREE~ TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wegotchickens, Mar 19, 2008.

1. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    We have a VERY dominant blue Silkie roo who is abusing this little guy. He's very sweet and dopey. Been bathed and blown dry and loved it.

Would be happy to deliver within 30 minutes of Knoxville, or meet someone part way.

This little guy does not crow at all, and is a year old as of tomorrow. My daughter is training him to walk on a leash as exercise. We've removed him from the others so he wouldn't get beat up all the time.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Here's a picture of our quiet boy...

[​IMG]

3. trishok8

trishok8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2008
    Scituate
    Ohhhhh, I wish I could take him, to far away thou, I have 3 silkie girls who would love him. Good Luck

4. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Thanks! I wish you could, too. He's really sweet.

I'm hoping the fact that he's never shown the slightest interest in crowing will help find him a home. A quiet roo is a good thing, right?

5. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

He's adorable! I wish that we could take him too, but we're in TX. Drat. [​IMG] Good luck finding him a good home!

6. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Thanks.
    I'm praying we do find him a home because we can't keep him where he's at.
    The only offer I've had for him is from someone who wants to eat him! I'm not against eating extra roos, but he's just so sweet and harmless that I don't want to see him slaughtered.

7. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    If only I were closer!!!! I have 8 silkies that are 3 weeks old and I think they are so cool!!!! Georgia just too far away!!!!

8. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    What part of GA? My mom lives near Rome and we may go see her this weekend...

9. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Newnan close to the Alabama line...

10. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Gosh now I really wish I lived closer!!! I would love a Roo that does not crow for my silkes! We live in county/city limits so I can have lots of hens but no rooster if it crows(well that is pretty much all of them) lol! Grrrrrr......If I had the time and gas money I would drive forever to get him, but that wont work. I really wish you lived closer he would be loved by everyone here! hehe! [​IMG][​IMG]
    Good luck on a home for him.....but if you decide you would like to ship him at all please please let me know. I would love him!
    Thanks!
    Tsa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by