Non-Dairy Recipes, ....PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by country freedom, Jun 30, 2010.

1. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sick of having issues with anything dairy! As I age (44), the dairy issues get worse.
    I won't go soy-YUCK!

I LOVE dairy, but, my body doesn't.........so, any one with any recipes?

2. arabianequine

arabianequine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 4, 2010
    I heard people with dairy allergies can have goat milk.....so you could get a milk goat? [​IMG]

3. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

I've never tried:

goat's milk
    sheep's milk
    mare's milk

We are looking to move very soon - so, in the mean time......we are living in the city.

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 4, 2010
    I head you only wanna drink the goats milk. I heard sheeps milk tastes funny and mares milk i have never heard of anyone drinking it before. [​IMG]

5. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    There are soo many milks out there now; hazelnut, almond, rice, oat, the list goes on and on. I use any and all of those with cereal etc. They are great in coffee and delicious in general. Rice milk would probably work best for baking I would think. Some people can do organic raw milk if they can't do regular milk. I have also heard that bee pollen can help if taken regularly to aid in digestion and with allergies. They also have some really delicious coconut milk ice creams if you are an ice cream lover.

6. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Dh & I can drink raw cow's milk with no problem whatsoever and you may find that is the case for you as well. In case you're wondering...there's no weird taste, texture, or smell.

Before getting a herd share, dh & I limited ourselves to Lactaid milk on an infrequent basis and even that triggered some mucus production in our throats. Sorry for sounding so gross. [​IMG] We had forgotten about the unpleasant after effects of using pasteurized milk until we were visiting my parents for the weekend and had cold cereal for breakfast. Uggghhh...that little bit of milk messed us up bad. Next time, we visit my parents, I'm bringing our raw milk!!!

Coconut milk is delish! Click here for instructions on making homemade coconut milk. There are nut milk bags that make straining nut milk a breeze.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by