non-electric easily movable poultry netting?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AllOrangeYolks, Oct 2, 2013.

1. AllOrangeYolks

AllOrangeYolks New Egg

Oct 2, 2013
    I'm wanting to move my 12 chickens from their current homes to a chicken tractor surrounded by poultry netting on the farm. the whole corner farm is surrounded by high metal fencing. critters won't be able to get in. but I want the chickens to be able to wander around in a bigger space, eat fresh grasses and move them to new spots every .... (what? month? few months? weeks?)...

but my question is - what fencing can i use to keep my chickens in... and something that is also very easily moved to another location as i move the chicken tractor.

help! want to do this asap!

2. JackE

JackE Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    North Eastern Md.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  3. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    Quote: Famous last words.
    If critters WANT in, they will get in, unless that high fence is also electric and has an apron to prevent digging

4. ChickenLegs13

ChickenLegs13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2013
    Lower Alabama
    I use a 100' roll of deer net like you get at Lowe's for $14 to make temporary runs & day pens. I tie both ends to my brooder/grower pen fence to make a 40x20 pen so my bittys and young birds can kinda free range for a while. It's not predator proof but it keeps the birds from roaming.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by