NON emergency, what killed my chicken

Cwillenburg

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
Found my 10wk old light brahma dead in the coop today. She has no injuries or any obvious signs of what killed her. I'm in OK and it was actually cooler today than it has been for a week so I don't think it was the heat. The only thing that has changed is that i gave the flock half a bag of meat bird crumble that i had left over and didn't want to waste. It was only in one feeder and i have 3, so she had other options. Any ideas on what could've happened? Picture of her
20210816_192236.jpg

Found my 10wk old light brahma dead in the coop today. She has no injuries or any obvious signs of what killed her. I'm in OK and it was actually cooler today than it has been for a week so I don't think it was the heat. The only thing that has changed is that i gave the flock half a bag of meat bird crumble that i had left over and didn't want to waste. It was only in one feeder and i have 3, so she had other options. Any ideas on what could've happened? Picture of her
View attachment 2801072
I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes they just drop dead for no apparent reason. I can't give you a definite answer buy maybe a heart attack or a stroke? I had a young hen die out of nowhere last year too. It's possible you could send her body out for a necropsy if you haven't discarded it already.

I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes they just drop dead for no apparent reason. I can't give you a definite answer buy maybe a heart attack or a stroke? I had a young hen die out of nowhere last year too. It's possible you could send her body out for a necropsy if you haven't discarded it already.
Edit: nevermind about the necropsy thing, didn't realize this post was from August

Back
Top Bottom