Non-Medicated Chick Starter in Salt Lake

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by jorgey, Mar 24, 2008.

1. jorgey

jorgey Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2008
    Utah
    Does anyone out there in Utah know a good feed supply store in the Salt Lake City or surrounding areas that has non-medicated chick starter?

Everywhere I go they only have medicated. Cal-Ranch is the only one that has any non-medicated at all, but they only have it in little 5lb bags which works out to be over twice the price as the 50lb bags of medicated. They said that they could order me some in, but I would have to purchase the entire pallet!

Thanks.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Sorry I don't know... if you have to get medicated, try to find a bag that uses amprolium(a cocciodistant), as that is just a thiamine blocker to help the birds build immunity to cocci. It has no withdrawl time.

3. jorgey

Mar 17, 2008
    Utah
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. [​IMG]

4. MBLayfield

MBLayfield Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    Wellsville, UT
    Have you tried IFA and/or Petersons? I buy from Peterson's here and have gotten non medicated. I thought IFA had it also in the larger bags.

5. jorgey

Mar 17, 2008
    Utah
    I have tried IFA (the one on 21st South in Salt Lake) with no luck, it may very from IFA to IFA. I have not tried Petersons yet, I'll try and find the local one and give them a call.

Thanks.

6. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

OK Jorgey, where you at? The Murray Feed Store used to, they have since closed their doors, sad they had really good wild bird seed, and where minutes from home.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by