Non-toxic wood stain???

HillsHalfAcre

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Washington, County MD USA
Hello All,

Love this web site! My 1st post. I have been a chicken farmer for 1 whole week now. We bought 6 RI Red poulets and 4 Cornish Cross chicks. All doing well. I bought a Chick-N-Barn pre-fab coop and put it together yesterday. I says it's stained with a non-toxic stain, and I would like to know if anyone can tell me the brand name of one such stain. I have searched the web and asked at a couple of stores and have not gotten solid results. The brand name of Sitkens has come up a couple of times. My flock still has a few weeks in the brooder, but would like to get a second coat of stain on soon.

Thanks!

AFAIK pretty much any readily available stain is nontoxic to chickens once it has dried and the fumes are gone. It is not like chickens chew wood, anyhow
wink.png

If you are wanting to put a second coat on the prestained coop, why not call the manufacturer and see what they suggest?

Good luck, have fun, welcome to BYC,

Pat

just saw this post and wondering if the manufacture told you anything. I called them (Ware) and they wouldn't tell me but sent me a bottle to touch up some rough places. They sent it in a plastic bottle and after awhile it lost its color and turned white.

Wanda

Back
Top Bottom