None of my eggs hatched *update on page 4*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Felicia, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I had 25 eggs, and not one has hatched. And today is day 23 [​IMG]

I had the water wiggler always at 99.5, never got to hot or too cold. The humidity was around 40%, no lower then 35% till the 18th day when I got the humidity up to 60%. I did the egg carton method, and tilted the 'bator three times a day, then stopped on the 18th day. There was tons of veining at the beginning, but I can't really tell whats in there now. There are a couple which look alive, that have chicks in them. But I am not totally sure. [​IMG]

So frusterating [​IMG]. I was so excited about my silkie and showgirl eggs. My friend told me to wait till day 31 before throwing them away. I am going to have her come over and candle them to see what she thinks. None of them are rotting, I have been very careful about that. What did I do wrong? [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

You tilted the incubator?!?

3. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    Not sure. Usually I keep my humidity at 70-75 the last three days though. But if your thermometer was off a little, there is a possiblity that you could have a delayed hatch.[​IMG]

4. Felicia

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Yep. I put a block on one side, and then switched it to the other side. If I just tilted the carton, some of the eggs would have been way to close to the top where the heat source is at. So I decided the better bet was to tilt the whole 'bator. I did a lot of reading about it before doing this.

Oh and I also did put holes (about dime sized) on the bottom of each egg spot in the carton, so each egg had enough oxygen.

5. Felicia

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Okay. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks [​IMG]

6. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    Awwwww [​IMG]

7. mamagallina

mamagallina Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2009
    WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR EGGS?. FIRST TIME I GOT THEM FROM EBAY AND NONE(12) HATCH, I ONLY HATCH FROM MY OWN GIRLS...

8. Felicia

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Thanks EngieKisses [​IMG]

Mamagallina, I got my eggs from the wonderful people here on BYC [​IMG]. I know its not their fault at all, because so many were fertile. They came from California and Utah, and I am in Michigan. They came a long way.

9. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Aww I am sorry
    Give them another day or two to make shure
    I just had eggs from NH to OR I set 24 eggs only 11 made it to day 18 and only 4 hatched . [​IMG]
    I had all but one of my local eggs hatch the week befor with the same bator same hatcher and same ways of doing things so I dont knwo what to think.

10. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    [​IMG]
    I know this doesn't make it better, but sorry.....
    I'm on my first hatch too, and found a blood ring egg in one that was wiggling 2 days ago. [​IMG]

So, I've decided to quit candling, and wait for the smell.....
    If I fail, hubby with know it by the odor. We both need to diet anyway and the incubator is in the kitchen near the pantry. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by