None of my family know what these are ...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by IrishBoy, Aug 12, 2010.

1. IrishBoy

IrishBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] so i hatched these eggs out and one is a rooster and is crowing and one is a hen and 'talks' a lot:lol:
    They are so so so so small and my Granny LOVES the pair of them, the hen sounds like a cat all the time and is very high pitched ! ...
    so what do you think they are, and they are just over 5 months old . The egg from her should be TINY . (and i have seen the rooster tryign to mate with her ...and the miniture silkie)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. IrishBoy

Aug 3, 2009
    oh and when wud she begin to lay ...

3. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    She could start laying any time now. I can't tell what they are look like 2 different breed though

4. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Lavender bantam Ameraucanas? That bigger one isn't one you're asking about, right? It's 2 different little ones?

The pullet looks to be a bit off from laying still. I usually say around 20-24 weeks, and I'm not sure how old these are.

5. IrishBoy

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:The white hen just happens to follow them everywere ... it's the lavendar chicks

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    IrishBoy,
    Are you in Ireland?

If so the light Blue one looks to be a Bantam Tailed Araucana (the color could be Lavender)
    Here is a link to the British Araucana Club
    Here are some Araucana Photos

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by