None of my girls will lay because of my broody, sulky bird.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wendrida, May 12, 2009.

1. wendrida

wendrida New Egg

Apr 2, 2009
    So she sits and sits and sits and won't budge. The other four lay in the same nest and can't get in. I guess I would let her hatch a couple but we are not zoned for roosters and I don't know anything about raising chicks. How do I go about getting her a few eggs to sit upon and what do I do when they hatch? Do I need to get involved or will she do the work?

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    There are eggs for sale under "buy, sell and trade" on this site, or you can get eggs off ebay. I see all the time where someone is selling three eggs for a good price. When They hatch post an add on craigslist and someone will want them. You should not have to do anything with a broody, she will do everything. just make sure she has food and water when she gets off the nest. if you don't want her where she is you could move her out of that coop at night. You probably should get her out of general population when you get her the eggs. Good luck!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by