None of my little eggs made it.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BackSwampGirl, Feb 23, 2009.

1. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    Don`t know why! But I give them all the time and they just did not make it.Some was deformed and some looked they stopped before hatch time.Some got started and quit [​IMG] Oh well it must have not been intended,

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Oh no I'm so sorry. You must be just heartbroken. (((HUGS))

3. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    im sorry..... [​IMG]

4. BackSwampGirl

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    Thanks,I was really wanting some little silkies.And even my own duck eggs did not make it.I have about give up on hatching.Did not have this trouble last year.They were hatching like crazy [​IMG]

5. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    hey, sorry to hear about eggs, but i have three pips on my black austrlops tonight, ( my progect birds), and my ee's chicks are doing fine. and sold 51 rock meat birds today. but have givin up on having that that i was working on for us. william

6. BackSwampGirl

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG] Sorry William,it seems like it just is not meant to be sometimes.At least you are having soem luck,but do u think it could be the weather.I could not even keep my humidity up without it going down.I am just going to stop for a while.Oh by the way Preston is doing so much better.And all I ahve hatched this year is 3 little silkies.And I don`t know what color they are.(lol) Sandra

7. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    I'm sorry for your loss....as I read of some peoples success, your post reminds us all... that things can go bad.
    I guess we need to ask ourselves: what did we do wrong? and what have we learned so next time the results are better?
    Don't despair....
    I wish you.....
    HappyHatch'en

8. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Oh so sorry....

9. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    did you use an incubator, an LG or hava-bator. sometime those are real hard the clean,and you can get bacteria in there that will kill everything, early or late stages. don't give up. try recleaning your incubator, with oxine or tec-trol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by