Nonny's newbies... **new pics added at one week old**

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Nonny, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Nonny

Nonny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Meet Cinnamon. One of the "Spice Girls" LOL. Her and Nutmeg prefer snuggling up together whenever possible, although Cinnamon is definitely the noisy one of the two. She is also the biggest and has the most beautiful feathers coming through on her wings.
    [​IMG]

This is Freckles. She's the most gregarious, first to go exploring, last to go to sleep, and spends more time on her own. She seems to prefer it that way. Her favourite pastime seems to be pooping. She also likes to burrow into my neck, under my hair.
    [​IMG]

Lacey is the little quiet one. She has two cute little habits. The first is leaning into the other chicks as if she needs them to hold her up. They don't seem to like this and move out of the way, but she just keeps sidling up to them to lean on them again. Her other cute habit is pretending to be an ostrich. Her preferred sleep position is with her head buried underneath one of the others. While the others seem to have a tumble about trying to be the one on the top of the sleeping pile, Lacey just dives underneath them all and closes her eyes. She also talks in her sleep.
    [​IMG]

Nutmeg (the other Spice Girl) is the one of the left. This is our best pic of her so far because she refuses to be photographed alone. As soon as I separate her from her mates she runs for the cover of the nearest feathered friend. She is called Nutmeg because the pattern on her head reminded me of the pattern inside a nutmeg when you cut it in half. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. Countrychick8540

Countrychick8540 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2011
    The last pic is super adorable! [​IMG]

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Adorable!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    I love the last picture! [​IMG]

5. snipercp

snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    Quote:x2

6. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

aw! Three girls and a boy! He's gonna be spoilt! I am jealous.

7. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Really good pics!!!

8. sparrowchic

sparrowchic Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2011
    douglasville, ga
    holy moly!!! they are so cute!

9. Nonny

Nonny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote:Don't say that!!!! They're supposed to be sexed as roosters aren't allowed here.

(From the supplier:)

"Our chicks may appear a little dearer than our competitors but our chicks are SEXED & not sold unsexed unless bantams. Always ask - as a $10 chick is usually unsexed. We believe selling sexed chicks is more ethical as we do not end up with a rooster dumping ground at the RSPCA."

They take back unwanted roosters and swap them for POL pullets.

10. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    [​IMG]

That is adorable [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by