1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Noobie wants to say a BIG thank you this forum saved my chickens

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by legleeagle, Jan 9, 2010.

1. legleeagle

legleeagle New Egg

Nov 7, 2009
    THANK YOU for all of the wonderful information on this site! It truly is a life saver!! I have had chickens for about a year and have done alot of trial by error learning with them. They started seezing and weezing a few months ago and in trying to make them well I found that there is not alot of credible information out there. I stumbled across this forum by accident and find that I cant stop reading!! LOL

I had been giving them tetracyclene as recommended by the local feed store but it was not working so back to the computer I went because my favorite roo was sounding like darth vader when i went to the coop on wed. I...thats when I found a thread on Tylan!!! I have to say its working!!!!! I thought I was going to lose them all so I cant say it enough THANK YOU for the excellent advice here!!!

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

3. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG] from Alaska

4. purpletree23

purpletree23 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    WELCOME!!!!

We're a good bunch of folks who really do care. A lot of very smart people her too! I've been helped more than once myself.[​IMG]

5. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. legleeagle

legleeagle New Egg

Nov 7, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome! I do have a Tylan question though, how long can you safely administer it? I know the directions say 3 to 4 days and they are showing improvement but because it took so long for me to find the right medication can I use it longer if needed??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by