NOOO, Come Back!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Stacykins, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Today was perhaps the worst chicken fiasco I've ever encountered, and was undoubtedly hilarious for my neighbors if they were watching. So last night when all the chickens went to bed, I put four chickens in a large dog crate in my garage with food and a waterer. They were going to be sold the next day, so I wanted them in an easy to access place.

About a half an hour before I was meeting this person buying (ten minute drive to location), I packaged up the chooks in two large cardboard boxes. Two chooks to a box. Makes handover easy, not having to worry if they brought anything to house the chickens in or not. I got the two cockerels in their box with no problems. Then, got one pullet in the other box, and as I went to get the other pullet she EVADED and ESCAPED! Into the garage (with the big door OPEN by the way). I slammed the garage door opener so she wouldn't get out to greener pastures and be uncatchable. It worked, but still, chasing a chicken around the garage was spectacular and difficult. "Get out from under the tractor!" "Arg!" "Come down from the rafters!" "No, stop, STAY." If only a video camera had been running...[​IMG]

Finally, five minutes after I SHOULD have left, I am frazzled, covered in dirt, cobwebs, etc. and have hold of a squealing chicken. Yea, that box got taped shut ASAP. The other pullet had a "what have you been up to?" expression when I added the escapee companion. Made it only a few minutes late to meet the couple buying them. I hate being late! But they liked the birds so it was all worth it!

2. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    [​IMG] America's Funniest Chicken Videos!

3. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    I really don't want to laugh at you..... but I can't help it.. [​IMG]

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Definitely was funny afterward, even to me! But I was getting SOOO flustered! I mean, I didn't want to show up minus a pullet, I think that would have been a bad business deal!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by