:( nooo

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BeauTabiano, Nov 5, 2008.

1. BeauTabiano

BeauTabiano Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2008
    Prunedale, California
    [​IMG]

i left the house and the incubator was at 100.2 degrees and had stayed there all night so i thought the eggs would be fine in i left the house for 2 hours

well i get back and the temp is at 112.2 [​IMG]

this is not good , so do you guys think they cooked ? is there any chance of hatching now

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    They should be fine. I dont think 2 hours will hurt them. If it was more then a day then yes.

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    It all depends on how hot it actually got inside the eggs. 2 hours shouldn't be enough time to kill them all. You may have lost a few, but there still should be several alive and kicking.

Just keep them going.

Matt

4. BeauTabiano

Oct 28, 2008
    Prunedale, California
    Quote:i realy hope there ok , ive been watching them like a hawk since the 3rd

5. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    You sound like me lol. I check the bator from day 1 - day 21 every 5 minutes. Temp spikes and drops happen when your sleeping or away for more then a hour. I hate when that happens.

6. BeauTabiano

Oct 28, 2008
    Prunedale, California
    all night i get up so many times cause i cant sleep knowing that the temp might have changed lol

7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Last year I was hatching buff orp eggs and the power went out for over 8 hours. I woke up and the temp was 68F. 12 out of 14 eggs hatched. What kind of eggs do you have in your bator?

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    had temp spikes of up to 106F and others had even higher and still had hatches

9. BeauTabiano

Oct 28, 2008
    Prunedale, California
    i got them from the barn where i bored my horse , theres pure bred chickens EVERYWHERE and they lay everywhere even in my horses food , so i just asked the owner if i could have some eggs , she has buff orps, silver laced , rhode island reds , those barred plymoth rock ones , americanas and some others , but i know 2 of my eggs are americanas cause there green lol , the others are light brown with little white speckels ? do you know what breed thats from ? , some dark brown , well ill just go take a pic realy quick

10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I owned buff orps and still own barred rocks. Sweet tempered breeds. I dont know about the speckled ones though sorry. You got yourself a good mixed flock eggs. Hope to see some pics when hatch day comes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by