Noooo!!!!!!! (head lice!) :(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by booker81, Jul 31, 2010.

1. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    My first round of headlice!!!! NO!!!!

DD is 2.5, in daycare. She just said her head itched.

I found two lice, and a bunch of nits. I recalled MY head itches.....made DH look.

We both have headlice. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't know if I want to shave my head or puke.

DD's hair has never been cut, it's a bit past her shoulders....mine is lower back almost now. [​IMG]

SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. Show Me Chick

Show Me Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Ooh I feel for you. I got it once when I was young. Don't stress its gross but you can get rid of it easy enough. Get the chemicals to wash your hair with and wash all bedding, brushs and anything you can't wash put in the freezer in bags for a day.

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Use the human lice shampoo. Y'all shouldn't need to cut your hair.

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh man I swear we got that at least once a year every year once my sister started school.

She's the uber girlie girl... hooked up with more of the same... and the cooties spread with each passing of the bows.

*shudder*

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
  6. Lil_Miss_Farmer_Chick

Lil_Miss_Farmer_Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Kalkaska, Michigan
    Please don't waste your money on chemicals or what not, honestly all you need is one jar of mayonaise. slather on head, cover over and around hair line with plastic shower cap or plastic shopping bag, secure with plastic clip for safety, leave on for 1 hour, rinse, shampoo, and then comb out with lice comb. Problem solved. No need to cut your hair, anything less than a buzz wouldn't work anyways so don't bother. Wash what can be washed, freeze what can be freezed. Take a deep breath, it will be alright. [​IMG]

7. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    This is dumb, but like what "stuff?" Her pillows and bedding are in the washing machine with stuffed animals, going to throw our pillows in there now with the two brushes we own. What stuff would I be missing?

Nice thing I'm loving right now - we don't have carpet. Thank ye gods.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Everything that can harbor lice needs to be cleaned or washed or put in garbage bags and sealed for a month..till they all die off.
    all bedding... blankets.. pillows.. even the couch somehow..... mattress too...
    I'd get one of those little hand held steam cleaners.(the heat should kill them..)... and then spray it all down with a lice/bug spray too..
    AND then repeat it every week until your sure no more eggs have hatched..

9. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    My granddaughter jut came back from West Virginia with them as well. Her other grandmother couldnt get the lice comb through her long hair so she just used a regular brush and comb. So a few days later they were back. I saw a commercial for LiceMD on TV it is a agel that has no harsh chemicals and no oder. I bought it and applied it to her hair. The gel makes the hair slippery so the lice comb goes right thru the hair without pulling or knoting. THere is no smell and no chemical so you can use it as often as needed. I applied it and combed her hair for a hour and Thankfully no more bugs. I was really impressed with it. My granddaughter was just glad the stuff didnt burn or make her choke. BTW her hair looks so soft and shinny as this stuff makes her hair shin. She loves the feel. I got it at Wally world but I am sure othr stores have it as well. Goog Luck

10. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Quote:The backs of chairs (airline seats are a common place for people to pick it up). Anything your heads may have come in contact with. It's a hassle but the good news is that these days you don't have to cut your hair off to get rid of it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by