1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Noooo....

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by playswithfowl, Dec 23, 2007.

1. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    YEAH Mikesbirds came and got the rooster today.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007
  2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    What kind of roo is it?

3. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    He is a bantam cochin x with something else I'm pretty sure another cochin, but I have no clue. I got the mom from a place that had several types of roosters but he has feathery feet, and legs. He is a buff color now, but is starting to get darker red feathers here and there, his tail feathers are blue with a few black splashes like his mom, but he has the reddish/buff colore on the edges of his tail feathers.

4. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Sounds pretty, can you show me some pics?

5. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Your dads the exact opposite of mine, my dad wont let me get rid of my roo's and I want to because im sure my neighbors are going to get ticked soon

6. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Strange that your dad won't let you get rid of your roos. O well. [​IMG]

7. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    My dad's a sucker just like me, we 'rescue' everything.

Aj - Get us a picture of this lovely cockerel! Does he have colors other than black? Don't worry, I'm sure someone around this board will take him. [​IMG]

8. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    I'll take a picture of him tomorrow and post it. Thanks, I sure hope something happens. I don't want to lose all of my hens... I just started 4-H. The worst thing is this spring I will have even more roosters because I will be oredering eggs to hatch for my 4-H project, and I'm not allowed to have roosters where I am (actually any and all poultry aren't allowed where I live even though I live outside of town not too far though<the neghbors are all good with it>)

9. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Why don't you get the smallest number of eggs you can? Ordering from someone here on the board is probably your best bet, and much cheaper than a hatchery. That way, even if you do come up with some roos, its that many fewer to have to rehome! But, I was never in the chicken part of 4-H, so I don't know what your project consists of.

10. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Here a picture taken of him today. I forgot to say that he will be 15 weeks old on Christmas day.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by