NOOOOO, Sweet PDZ come back!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jennifleur, Jan 13, 2016.

1. jennifleur

jennifleur Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2015
    Temecula
    Hello all, My hubby just got back from the feed store and told me that Sweet PDZ or stall fresh was out and will no longer be stocked because the parent PDZ company is closing, closed down.
    I love the granular PDZ for my ducks, quail pen, brooder, artificial turf and cat litter box. It absorbs ammonia odor, helps with drainage, improves soil texture, absorbs moisture, safe if ingested and acts as slow release nitrogen fertilizer.
    Buy it now if you can, and if you know of an alternative source, please post it.
    Thanks

2. Buck Oakes

Buck Oakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my gosh I never knew this tuff existed and I need it as water always gets in my duck coop!!!

Omg I'll try to get some tomorrow, what kind do u get that absorbs moisture my coop is still sooo muddy

3. Gone-Quackers

Gone-Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2015
    Des Moines, IA
    Wow, sounds like a useful product. Perhaps if they'd advertised it properly people would have been buying it. . and it would still be available. Loss for us all. :(

4. Buck Oakes

Jennie is the horse PDZ okay for ducks to??

5. jennifleur

Jan 14, 2015
    Temecula
    Hi there Buck Oakes. I've been good about calling my brown muscovies Chocolate!
    Yes it's safe for ducks. Its a natural mineral zeolite formed from volcanic activity. It's completely inert and passes through the ducks harmlessly, like sand or grit.

edited oates to Oakes. oops sorry

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  6. JJpuck

JJpuck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2014
    The same thing happened to me. I went to the feed store, and they said they were clean out of it! They didn't mention the part about the company shutting down, though [​IMG]

7. jennifleur

Jan 14, 2015
    Temecula
    From what I can tell so far. Steelhead Specialty Minerals is the parent company, at least for the brand of PDZ stocked at our feed store. It looks like they have had issues with Mesothelioma from Erionite. One of the minerals they mine. This is just from what I could find online digging around. This is unconfirmed, guessing, pondering, speculation on my part. I'm just trying to figure out whats going on.

8. Buck Oakes

XD thanks for telling me about this stuff its gonna help sooooo much!!!

9. paneubert

paneubert Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2015
    I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would mention that from what I can tell, Manna Pro bought out the Sweet PDZ brand.

Here is a quote.

"Manna Pro Joins Forces with Sweet PDZ!
    Sweet PDZ is the number one selling brand in the Stall Refresher/Odor Neutralizer category, and is a part of Manna Pro's portfolio of premium quality equine health products. Find Sweet PDZ's complete line of stall refresher products wherever Manna Pro products are sold."

10. Buck Oakes

Yeah I totally forgot to come back to this thread, my tractor supply is still selling sweet PDZ, and yeah I think mana pro did buy the brand since it's over stocked here

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by