Nope.

Quote:
Shipping price is for the east coast. So long as it can arrive to your address in 1-2 days, You can Priority ship chickens. They dont have to be shipped over night or express mail.

Yup - I've successfully done it as well. Apparently they all end up on the same truck anyway (so I'm told). My local PO told me that usually when chicks come from a hatchery, they boot them over to the express truck even though they are technically "priority mail". I think the postal system cares a little bit more about something that is peeping or sqwaking vs. a box that says "fragile - eggs!". Anyway, Chicken Fever - do you have any other photos of this guy?
Quote:
Shipping price is for the east coast. So long as it can arrive to your address in 1-2 days, You can Priority ship chickens. They dont have to be shipped over night or express mail.

Quote:

I will go take some more today. I was taking pics for my website and my farms facebook page and just snapped one of him really quick. Should be up by this evening.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that priority mail is only available for day olds. Older birds, to my knowledge, must be shipped express.

It's different according to who you talk to... but I know some will do it, because I've received birds twice that way. I know one BYC member who was contacted and told not to do it again, but I know through the serama forum I belong to - people do it - and quite often. Less than 500 miles priority seems to be okay...
Quote:

Quote:
I received 2 shipments of birds priority mail. I have also contacted the post office on this as well. So long as their zip code comes up as to be received in 1-2 days, You can ship priority. So this is what I am basing it off. I would never ship him to the west coast.

Here is the text from the postal regs:

9.3.5 Adult Chickens
Adult chickens must be sent by Express Mail. The Express Mail containers used must pass the standards in
International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) Test Procedure 1A (detailed in Publication 2, Packaging for Mailing);
be designed to remain intact during normal handling; be constructed to totally confine the chickens; contain shavings
or other material to prevent damage to the bottom of the container; and be ventilated properly to ensure humane
treatment in transit. The number of birds in each parcel must not exceed the container manufacturer's limit. Under
the applicable standards, indemnity may be paid only for loss, damage, or rifling, and not for death of the chickens
in transit if there is no visible damage to the container. The mailing of chickens for animal fighting purposes is
prohibited under 9.3.1.

While I agree that priority usually is delivered within the same time frame as express, there is no guarantee & can take as long as 3-4 days. Postal employees should not be accepting adult birds as priority shipments, but they are seldom on the same page. I'd worry more about the handling from fed-ex at the airports for priority shipments. There's no way I'd take the risk with my birds.

Quote:
Why are you doing this? Hijacking my thread/sale??? Please, keep your oinions to yourself about shipping or place them to good use on a forum thread and nto on my sale page. Its rude.

Back
Top Bottom