Nora's First Egg!! Calling Seminole Wind Esp., Check it Out!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by speckledhen, Dec 5, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My blue Ameraucana pullet, Nora, laid her first egg today at about 33 weeks old. It's the lovely blue at the upper left of this basket of eggs I've gotten today. Then two Welsummer eggs at the top of the pic, next to Panda's green egg (BRx Blue Ameraucana). The middle one belongs to my Buff Orp pullet, Nugget. At the 9 o'clock position, next to Nora's, is my RIR/Buff Orp, Meg's and the other two are BR eggs. Nora and her sister, Snow, are from Cree lines. Snow hasn't laid yet.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  2. lesliet

lesliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Webster, FL
    I love the variety of colors [​IMG]

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] omgosh, I love all the colors! Congrats [​IMG]

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    WOW! Cyn, is Nora's egg as dark as it appears in the picture? I've never seen as dark a blue egg as that! It's absolutely GORGEOUS!

5. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

it's a lovely mix of colors. [​IMG]

6. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I have heard say that the first few eggs are the darkest then they lighten up over time the more they lay eggs. that is a beautiful assortment of colors and eggs!!! GOOD JOB you must be doing something right!!!! [​IMG]

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Beautifu! I'm jealous- my "ameraucanas" lay brown eggs.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The eggs are pretty much the colors they appear in the picture. Naturally, over time, the blue ones are less intensely blue, then later, fade to almost white with the barest hint of blue. I have an older Blue Ameraucana hen, but she is molting badly at the moment and not laying or I'd have put one of hers next to this one. She(Charlotte) is from Cree lines on one side of her family at least. She and her daughter lay greenish-blue eggs, but not the neat shade of blue of Nora's egg. Now, I cant wait till her sister lays her first egg!

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Now I really must clean house and get some Ameraucana eggs.

10. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    Cynthia, Nora's egg is beautiful!! What a wonderful blue color! I'm jealous. Of course, right now I'd be happy to just get any color of egg. But I keep reminding myself it is a good thing for my girls that they are resting. Now if I could just convince my egg customers of the same thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by