Norfolk Gray ?

Start whit birchen OIG and add cuckoo marans for sise.After this remove cuckoo males and selekt for birchen patern

Sorry OIG is Old English Games.My mistake.Cakle Hatchery have them.Valentine's Hatchery have birchen marans you can use whith OEG and work for elliminating feadering on legs.

Originally, Fred Myhill created norfolk greys from birchen old English games and partridge wyandottes. To recreate this breed is better to not use wyandottes because of the recessive yellow skin genes which will be difficult to elliminate because this gene will hide behind the white skin and will show up in some way later.

i know Fred created this breed and i would like to work towars recreating it thats why im comeing here im new at this and need lots of help with this. whcih one would be the roo and which one the pullet? first off?

Last edited:
NIce to hear from you again. If you start with cuckoo marans use them for females. Like that, boys will be barred ang girs black or birchen. After, breed them back to old English male. If you are using birchen marans, it shouldn't matter. Try to find clean legged birchen marans otherwise it will take a few years to clean the legs of your Norfolk Greys.

ve thanks alot for the info here i will print out these post for refrence. i allready have the cuckoo marans there chicks now i have 5 hens and 2 roos im goimg to breed them first for stock. and i have some birchen eggs comeing next week jsut a few though but hey its a start.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom