Norfolk NE or Columbus Nebraska hatchery - anyone used?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Green Ridge MO, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Green Ridge MO

Green Ridge MO Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2010
    Green Ridge, Missouri
    I have found 2 smaller hatcheries in Nebraska I may be interested in ordering around 50-100 layers from. I am not concerned about show quality but only egg production and wondered if some of you had used either of these hatcheries. Neither have web sites or catalogs but only a flier that will not be available until February. I am hoping some poultry fanciers around Nebraska may have heard of these and can give me some input. Thanks.

2. Green Ridge MO

Green Ridge MO Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2010
    Green Ridge, Missouri
    Anyone used these?

3. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
  4. AGuyWithSomeHen

AGuyWithSomeHen Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2015
    did you ever get any birds from columbus or norfolk?

5. BlueShadow

BlueShadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2015
    Nebraska
    I live in central NE and thought I would update this thread with the little I know about these hatcheries.

Central Hatchery is pretty basic - they have a few breeds, good stock, but you have to buy larger quantities.

Columbus Hatchery really is more of a feed store. I think they might hatch a couple chicks, but most of their birds are ordered in from other hatcheries. The owners aren't terribly friendly or approachable, but they will work with you to order in what you want.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by