Normal Behavior or Ill?--CONCLUSION= "dustbathing" -video really cute!

LOL she is dust bathing!!! tooo cute. And totally normal
big_smile.png
but usually they prefer pine shavings or a dirt pile but looks like that one likes it better on a comfy surface lol

Last edited:
someone should tell her theres no dust on sheets. OR maybe she knows something I dont lol....i wouldnt have thought anything of it, but the whole reason she was in my bed with me was because I noticed she had a bit of an impacted crop which made me look at what she was doing as a symptom.....wheew!!! thats good, i was a little worried.
bow.gif

edited to say ive seen dust bathing plenty of times, but never would have thought theyd do it in a HUMAN bed. hmmm i thought dust bathing always required dust of some sort or at least something that moves around you.

oh and one more thing lol....if you look at the end of the video, when theres like 20 seconds left, youll see me grab something on her chest, thats her crop....its hard to see with all the feathers and with out feeling it in person, but i try to grab it in a way where you can tell....do you guys think this is something worth worrying about? she acts normal (now i know) and I gave her some bits of bread soaked in olive oil, but it doesnt seem to help, but then again I dont know how long its supposed to be until you see improvement.

Last edited:
lau.gif
she's cute!!! getting nice and comfie there. She probably is too young to know there is no dust - I'm guessing she didn't have a mom hen to show her, so she's just going by instinct.

ya that makes sense...only mama she ever had was me....and thats not something i do often (or at all), so she couldnt have picked it up here haha

Give her a kitty litter box with sand in it. Course, you will get sand everywhere after that. But, regular dustbathing helps keep mites in check and also helps with getting the keratin sheath off new feathers.

Back
Top Bottom