Normal chick sounds VS Abnormal

treslilbirds

Songster
Mar 13, 2017
North Mississippi
I was wondering if anyone had a good link to perhaps a video comparing the sounds of a happy chick versus one that is maybe sick or distressed? I've seen a few people mention "distressed chick sounds" but I can't find anything on YouTube or on here showing what it actually sounds like?

I have 6 chicks and they all make a variety of peeps, cheeps, chirps, etc. Sometimes they make the same repetitive peep....I can't tell if it means anything or if I'm just being a paranoid first time mother hen.

Oh thank you! And yeah my babies are doing good. I think my RIR baby just like to be held bc she was making the same noise as the unhappy "spoiled" (lmao) baby chick in the video. She's super active and eats and drinks, but I was just being paranoid!

Your welcome! Good that your chicks are all happy and healthy. Hey, it's better that she want to be held than the opposite
gig.gif

Oh thank you! And yeah my babies are doing good. I think my RIR baby just like to be held bc she was making the same noise as the unhappy "spoiled" (lmao) baby chick in the video. She's super active and eats and drinks, but I was just being paranoid!

Yes, sometimes the "peep of distress" is "MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY!!" then "oh hi, wanna hold me?"

Yes!! Haha!!
1f602.png

Hubby had to practically force me go to bed last night like a little kid bc I couldn't pull myself away from them. They're just so dang cute and entertaining, a million times better than any tv show or Facebook!
I am officially a crazy chicken lady after only 5 days (we went to TSC last Friday), and my husband has already promised to buy me the expansion kit for my current coop plus a bigger coop so I can get more chicks. :)

The "chicken math" force is strong with this one! Started with 10 a year and a half ago, now somehow there are 41 ... signed, fellow sufferer of chicken math.
jumpy.gif

Chicken math....I love it...I was reading all about it on another thread and I informed hubby that chicks given away with bags of feed and ones on sale, cannot be counted towards the current flock. Gotta borrow 2, carry one, divide by 10.....then you have a chicken farm.
1f601.png
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f425.png

Back
Top Bottom