?Normal For Rooster To Have BIG Beak OVER BITE?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 1234duck, Oct 3, 2011.

1. 1234duck

1234duck Chillin' With My Peeps

Lil Roo is about 5 months old and I noticed that he has a big over bite. }}meaning that when you look at him from the side his top part of his beak is side ways over the bottom part of his beak.}}}A side over bite. Why is this? Haven't seen this on the others. He eats and drinks and seems to be just fine. Do I need to be concerned about this over bite? Thanks, ~Julie~

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Sounds like he isn't getting around enough. How big of an area is he able to roam? Is there any wood, rocks, concrete, etc for him to wipe or peck his beak at to keep it trim?

3. 1234duck

1234duck Chillin' With My Peeps

It's a good sized area that 6 chickens roam. There's dirt, gravel, many small patches of grassy weeds, small & medium sized flat rocks and a walnut tree in their fenced in area. Along with their drinking water and their feed(Flock Raiser). Plus I sometimes give them grated veggies, fruit & bread. Thanks, ~Julie~

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    You can try putting a rough concrete block or brick in the run. They will use it to clean their beaks after they eat so keeping it near there food and water is a good idea. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by