Normal or Not?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mommysongbird, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    so yesterday was day 18 for my "F" eggs (the letter is just for where they came from) and they were moving like crazy, there is only 5. And our "B" eggs were moving as well, but it was only day 17 for them (today at 3:30 will be official day 18 for "B" eggs). Anyway, since they were moving like crazy yesterday I went into lockdown and now they are not doing anything. Is that Normal or Not??

2. kandooshe

kandooshe Chillin' With My Peeps

It's very normal even if they will not move until day 20 that will be normal, chick is trying to be in a suitable place inside the egg to make a hole and go out and that will take up to 2 days from day 18 ,,

good luck

3. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    I'm glad you asked. Lol. Mine did the same on day 18. It is now day 20... 21 in 10 hours. And no movement. Just happens. Lol. Sometimes the things the egg does worries me..

4. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Okay, just being a worry wart here on pins and needles.

I was putting the hose in the bator (for water) and I knocked over one of the eggs, hope it is okay. They are in egg carton compartments. Oh I wish I had not put those in there, makes it hard to 'snake' the hose through to put in the water.

5. Deanner03

Deanner03 The Cake Queen

It'll be FINE! It's normal. Now....STEP AWAY FROM THE INCUBATOR!!! Sit on your hands if you need to [​IMG]

6. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:I know exactly what you mean. I am trying to decide if I want to do this again in about a week or so???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:I CAN'T. My 9 yro has better patience than I do. Going to pull out my hair before this is over. [​IMG]

8. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Quote:It's on it's side? If so, I think it'll be fine. Some people prefer side hatching anyway

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by