Normal or odd ??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by swtangel321, Nov 23, 2008.

1. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Its been real cold up here in NH for the last week (about 15-20)

Today I noticed my big BR couldnt crow, he does all the motions but nothing comes out ?!?! Before today I noticed his crow was different but figured it was b/c it was cold and then today nothing.

I did have a sick hen last week (shes still a little sick) but was treated with anti's and now have another that looks to be getting a little sick. Wonder if this has anything to do with the roos ?? or if this is normal b/c its so cold ??

Thanks for the help !!

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Its not normal.

You may need to treat your whole flock, something could be passing from one to the other.

3. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Thanks for the quick answer !! Any sickness you can think of that might be causing him this problem ??

ETA: Do you think the stall dry I put in the coop could have anything to do with this ??

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  4. zimmy987

zimmy987 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2008
    I use stall dry in my coop and run. Never have had a problem.. So I dont think it would be that.

5. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Thats what I figured, just kind of hoped that was the problem (would of been an easy fix)

Ahhh [​IMG]

Thanks

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:Thanks for the quick answer !! Any sickness you can think of that might be causing him this problem ??

ETA: Do you think the stall dry I put in the coop could have anything to do with this ??

There are a lot of illnesses that can cause these symptoms.

Use the search function to find a ton of threads on the subject.

Post a new thread in the emergency section, you'll get alot more responses with more ideas for treatment.

7. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008

There are a lot of illnesses that can cause these symptoms.

Use the search function to find a ton of threads on the subject.

Post a new thread in the emergency section, you'll get alot more responses with more ideas for treatment.

Thanks, posted in emergency section a few mins ago !! Will search more on it and give the vet a call tomorrow !!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by