normal pullet behavior???... w/video...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gumbii, Nov 11, 2010.

1. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    well, i've had some bantam silkies that sick on me and were making this noise... so anyways... i noticed one of my baby girl sebrights keeps making this noise... like, all the time... i dunno if she's just a llorona, or if she's sick... well, here's the video from them today taking a dirt bath...

the bigger sebright is the one that ate my lip stud... LOL... this was the first time i took them out of the pen to get to know the yard... but they are so close to me that instead of exploring, they stood next to my feet... i raised them from chicks... i'm their mom... LOL...

so what do you guys think...? as long as she's awake, she makes that noise... no other pullet/chick does this... is she okay...?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  2. MakNugget

MakNugget Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Portland, OR
    It's fine. It appears to be one of the dust bathing maneuvers. I've seen all of my birds do the same -- it looks like they're trying to get a hard to get spot. One time my chukar did this and I had to stifle my laughter as he fell right over.

3. gumbii

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    thx, but i was asking about the sound she's making... it's non stop... i had a sick silkie that would make this noise too before it died...

4. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Could she be deaf? I have a dog that is now deaf and she is all the time making noise. I think because she can not hear herself much. Now she is almost blind so we have to be carefull with her. She can still smell and she smells very well! OR she just likes the sound of her vioce.

5. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    oops double post

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  6. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    How old? My 3-4 months old make this noise all the time

7. gumbii

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    Quote:hmm... i'll do test with her tonight... i hope she isn't deaf... she goes with me everywhere... imagine when she gets full grown, she's going to be this annoying loud mouth hen... HAHAHHAHAA...

Quote:i'm not sure... i got threw her with the rest of the coop at 8 weeks... she's been out a month or so... so she's 12 weeks or more...? so yeah... 3-4 months...

thanks cackling hen... what a relief... but she's still my loudest pullet... i'll still do deaf test on her....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by