1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Normal to crazy chicken lady in under 6 mos!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bburnie1, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Bburnie1

Bburnie1 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2016
    Hi all, this will be quick- I am tired and need to sleep.

My name is Beth, I am married, 2 kids (17 and 13) and teach second grade. We recently moved to 5 acres and obtained a not so nice cymani roo from a neighbor. We named him Mr. Focker. ;-) Neighbor also gave us a hen who was getting ahem....worked to much by her flocks roos. Anyways we had Mr. Focker for a week, fell in love (even though he was rude to me too!) when sadly a couple of coons came around..... :-(

Now, we have a flock of nearly 40 with several different "coops" that hubby has built (one we call the Chicken McMansion because it is better insulated then my house!)

I am a research freak and have read so much about chickens (a lot from this site- thank you!) that when one of my polish babes got sick I knew fairly well what to start off with. Unfortunately it isn't looking so good so I figured time to post in the emergency thread for others thoughts....

Thanks all! Off to try to get some sleep!

Beth

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Beth and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. It seems like you have the chicken bug, for sure.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Beth. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Beth, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! I'm in the education game myself. Best wishes to you and your flock and thank you for joining BYC!

5. GingersHuman

GingersHuman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2016
    NC
    Hi and welcome from NC!

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, Beth, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! What a nice intro, it was longer than most actually. Thanks for joining us, I hope you enjoy it here!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

9. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

10. jenns anipals

jenns anipals Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2016
    San deigo