1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

normal?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by urban hen momma, Jun 20, 2011.

1. urban hen momma

urban hen momma Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Two of my chicks are 11 weeks old now and one of them (barred rock) seems to sneeze often. I am new to this and I have no idea if it is normal or not. The other (rir) doesn't seem to make the same "sneeze" noise. There doesn't appear to be anything else wrong that I can tell. Just for refrence, I am a stay at home mom, so we go hang out in the yard with the chickens a few times a day usually, and she does seem to sneeze at least once each time we check on them.[​IMG]

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I heard chickens can have seasonal allergies. I'd keep an eye on them. If it's an upper respiratory, polvisol infant vitamins without iron work wonders.

3. chicken sneezes are normal.

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    My SS had a severe upper respiratory infection. She would sneeze every few seconds, had ruffled feathers and was gasping for air. She didn't talk, but evey once in a while a hoarse squeak came out. It was a stressful two weeks and I almost lost her. I think she got chilled from knocking over the water or she got the pnemounia from impacted chips in her crop. You will know when it's not normal sneezing. I have one chick that I think had allergies. She sneezes quite a bit, but acts fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by